For schools in Stroud, Cirencester, Gloucester and surrounding areas, we can deliver Forest School sessions from Reception to Year 6 during curriculum time and as an after-school club. While a broadleaf woodland is the ultimate ideal, many schools do not have this provision. Sessions can be tailored to school grounds creatively using the Forest School model subject to site visit and risk assessment.
Themes from the classroom can be explored as a way into Forest School although it is not long before the children take the lead. Games, activities and practical skills encompass team building and problem solving. As a personal and social process naturally Forest School complements PSHE and enrichment and supports the Prime and Specific areas of learning. We uphold the intrinsic value of play as crucial in age related development and learning and in line with the Playwork Principles for all children.
- Forest School sessions: ideally with a minimum session time per group of 2 hours and a minimum programme lengths of 6 weeks
- Wild Passport outdoor skills curriculum
- Woodland, bushcraft or nature connection sessions
- Mentoring and CPD for your Forest School leader
- Consultancy for setting up your own Forest School site and programme
- We can work from your school site or potentially a neighbouring woodland or green space
- You can come to one of our wonderful sites and enjoy the set up of a dedicated outdoor learning environment and natural woodland